ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 40 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
- Project: Rohingya Response Project
- Types of contract: Fixed term contract
- Duration of Contract: One (01) Year
- Responsibilities for Protection:
- To support the Protection and Livelihood Programming in Rohingya Emergency Response.
- To coordinate between partner and AAB in the implementation of the program.
- To follow-up on activities around Multi-purpose Women Centres in the camps and provide day-to-day mentoring to the field-level staff.
- To support the implementation of life-skills and livelihoods training of women and adolescent girls.
- To produce reports as per AAB and donor requirements.
- To provide project related information when and wherever needed.
- To participate in the sector meetings (e.g. Protection, Livelihoods, GBV SS, etc.) and contribute to its processes together with Women Rights and Protection Coordinator.
- To assist in building policy and advocacy agenda related to Rohingya women and girls.
- To maintain positive and productive collaboration, coordination, and relationships with the ActionAid Bangladesh team, and external partners, and other sectors.
- Responsibilities for SRHR:
- Lead rapid and detailed SRHR assessments in new target areas; determine priorities, immediate activities, and required resources.
- Develop an evidence-based SRHR program plan including programmatic, research, and advocacy priorities, closely linked to another sector program.
- Support in developing curricula and materials related to Adolescent SRHR programming.
- Support in drafting, reviewing, and submitting concept notes, proposals, and reports in close coordination with other Program Managers.
- Assist Project Coordinator in developing market development strategies addressing the needs and priorities of community people including women, men, and adolescents with special emphasis on SRH.
- Undertake initiative to create linkage and collaboration between SRH related service providers and the targeted community and Entrepreneur Federations for promoting SRH-Nutrition link.
- Articulate policy issues for women’s entrepreneurship development and initiate local level advocacy actions.
- Provide awareness/orientation on SRH (Sexual and Reproductive Health) practices and their implications on women’s participation in Multi-purpose Women Centres of Rohingya Camps.
- Build awareness /orientation to the community and household, about the link between existing social stigma/taboo and nutritional deficiency and its impact on SRHR.
- Organizing participatory meetings/interactive sessions involving Upazila Parishad Standing Committee and other related institutions for strengthening awareness building on SRH and nutrition.
- Developing Behavioral Change Communication material related to SRH and ensure wider distribution of these materials among targeted community people.
- Responsibilities for Gender:
- Lead on the implementation process of ActionAid Standards on Gender in Emergencies in the program, including identifying challenges and recommend practical solutions on the design and implementation of gendered humanitarian interventions
- Provide technical advice, direction, and support to Project Managers/Coordinators to achieve a significant impact on gender and women’s rights in the context of emergency response and recovery
- Build the capacity of the staff on how to integrate gender concerns from a programmatic perspective through training, guidance, one-on-one support, commenting on strategy plans, providing input to program design and proposal writing, and orientation on the use of Gender.
- Develop strategies to achieve a significant impact on gender and women’s rights in the context of emergency response and recovery.
- Conduct assessment, selection, and capacity building of project participants and staff on their Gender Policy, Strategy, and Capacity Building.
- Coordinate, develop, and maintain key professional networks, relationships with partners, national and international agencies, civil society organizations/ women’s organizations to ensure gender is integrated into wider initiatives, and to promote the partners’ participation in coordination systems at the local level.
- A university degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Development Studies, Management, Public Health, or any other relevant subject areas of Social Sciences.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years or more of sound experience in project management especially with the focus on women’s empowerment, gender, livelihoods, SRHR, and/or life-skills programming. Experience of working with Rohingya community or in refugee context will be given preference.
- S/he will report to Head of Humanitarian Response of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he is expected to maintain a functional relationship with his/her peers in a team, priority, project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both program and function of AAB.
- S/he retains a close working relationship with project teams for accelerated and effective implementation of project/s and ensures horizontal integration with other programs. The incumbent will maintain liaison and networking with donors and other stakeholders including Government and Non-Government agencies, partner organizations, etc.
Business: ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 40 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
Office assistant – Ministry of Defenseপ্রতিরক্ষা মন্ত্রণালয় The Ministry of Defence is a Bangladeshi government ministry. The MoD is headed by the Minister of DefenseAnywhere in Bangladesh
Fireman – Ministry of Defenseপ্রতিরক্ষা মন্ত্রণালয় The Ministry of Defence is a Bangladeshi government ministry. The MoD is headed by the Minister of DefenseAnywhere in Bangladesh
Lab Director – Ministry of Defenseপ্রতিরক্ষা মন্ত্রণালয় The Ministry of Defence is a Bangladeshi government ministry. The MoD is headed by the Minister of DefenseAnywhere in Bangladesh
FWA – Ministry of DefenseAnywhere in Bangladesh
Research Assistant – Ministry of DefenseAnywhere in Bangladesh
Associate Professor – Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime universityবঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান মেরিটাইম ইউনিভার্সিটি, বাংলাদেশ বাংলাদেশের ৩৭তম সরকারি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়। এটি দক্ষিণ এশিয়ার দ্বিতীয় এবং বিশ্বের ১২ তম মেরিটাইম...Anywhere in Bangladesh
Lead – Protection – ActionAid BangladeshActionAid Bangladesh ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 40 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.Cox's Bazar
Case Management Officer – ActionAid BangladeshActionAid Bangladesh ActionAid Nigeria is distributing food relief packages to the most excluded ... ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice.Cox's Bazar (Ukhia)
HR Manager – VivoVivo Vivo is a Chinese technology company that designs, develops, and manufactures smartphones, smartphone accessories, software, and online services.Khulna
Regional Sales Manager (SEAP Fan & Cable Sales Network)Walton Hi-Tech Industries Ltd. Walton is the latest multinational electrical, electronics, automobiles and other appliances brand with one of the largest well equipped R & D facilities in the worldAnywhere in Bangladesh